Causes of Lower Back Pain
Experiencing lower back pain and trying to figure out why? The causes of lower back pain can be commonly attributed to muscle or ligament strains, which can be caused by sudden or repetitive movements, lifting something heavy incorrectly, sports-related injury, or bad posture habits. Although the pain for strains can be severe, it is is never long-term.
On the other hand, lower back pain that has been occurring for more than three months is known as chronic lower back pain. Usually the cause of chronic lower back pain will be something to do with a disc, joint or irritated nerve.
Here are some of the common causes for chronic lower back pain:
- Trauma – Fractures or dislocations resulting from automobile accident or fall
- Osteoarthritis – The wearing and tearing of the disc and joints
- Degenerative disc disease – The wearing, tearing, and weakening of an intervertebral disc in the spine
- Facet joint dysfunction – Swelling and pain in facet joints from osteoarthritis
- Deformity – Spinal deformations such as scoliosis and kyphosis
- Spondylolisthesis – The slipping of one vertebra disc over the other
- Compression fracture – When one or more bones in the spine breaks
- Spinal stenosis – When the spinal canal starts to narrow due to aging
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction – The improper movement of joints at the bottom of the spine that connect to the pelvis which results in inflammation
- Lumbar herniated disc – Also known as slipped disc is when the lumbar disc breaks through its outer layer and affects a nerve root
- Dental issues – Your teeth could have aches
Unfortunately chronic lower pain can also be caused by uncommon causes such as spinal tumor, spinal infection, and autoimmune diseases. If you are looking for a solution for your chronic lower back pain other than heating pads or massages, then perhaps it’s time for you schedule a consultation with us. We have experience and success in treating the majority of chronic lower back pain problems. Also if you are looking for dentist in turkey you could check this dental travel turkey website.